Behavior when navigating between a Community Dashboard and Report via 'View Report' varies by browser, w/the Report often failing to load in FF/IE
Last updated 2017-10-14 ·Reference W-4005191 ·Reported By 1 users
When a user opens a Report from a Dashboard displayed within a Community via the 'View Report' link, behavior will vary depending on their browser:
User will have to click the browser's 'Back' button twice to navigate back to the Dashboard.
Firefox and Internet Explorer only:
After navigating back to the Dashboard, attempting to open the same report or a different Report in the Dashboard will fail to load completely.
1. Create a new template-based community (example: Customer Service).
2. Add a Salesforce object page for dashboards and reports.
3. Publish and activate the community
4. Open the 'Dashboards' list in the community.
5. Open any existing dashboard.
6. On any of the dashboard components, click on 'View Report' to view the underlying report.
7. Click the browser's 'Back' button.
8. Confirm that instead of navigating back to the Dashboard, the Report will instead be refreshed.
9. Press the browser's 'Back' button again to properly navigate back to the Dashboard.
10. Click on the same Report or a separate Report.
11a. If using Chrome or Safari, the Report should load properly.
11b. If using Firefox or Internet Explorer, the Report will not load.
Currently no workaround for having to click the browser's 'Back' button twice to navigate back to a Dashboard.
To workaround the Report not loading in Firefox / Internet Explorer:
- Use Chrome or Safari.
- Reload the page and access the Report again.
Reported By (1)
Is it Fixed?
Any unreleased services, features, statuses, or dates referenced in this or other public statements are not currently available and may not be delivered on time or at all. Customers who purchase our services should make their purchase decisions based upon features that are currently available.