Permission Set list view does not display correct permissions for objects such as Knowledge Article Types
Last updated 2017-10-14 ·Reference W-3958854 ·Reported By 1 users
Permission Set list views display object access incorrectly for objects that do not have an API named ending in __c. Filtering the list view on object access for these objects will return no results.
Ensure organization has Knowledge enabled and Knowledge User License is assigned to the user
1. Create an Article Type
2. Create a Permission Set
3. Assign the Permission Set Read Access to the above article type
4. Create a Permission Set list view that displays the read access to the Article Type created in step 1
5. Note that the read access assigned in step 3 is not displayed in the list view
1) Visit Setup | Manage Users | Permission Sets and create a new permission set
2) Grant "Read" access to an object that is from a managed package. For my testing, I used the "Price Rule" object from the "Salesforce CPQ" package (available in most SDOs)
3) Save the permission set
4) Visit Setup | Manage Users | Permission Sets and create a new list view
5) Add filter criteria for the object you used in step 2. For example: "Price Rule: Read equals True"
There is no known workaround at this time.
Reported By (1)
Is it Fixed?
Any unreleased services, features, statuses, or dates referenced in this or other public statements are not currently available and may not be delivered on time or at all. Customers who purchase our services should make their purchase decisions based upon features that are currently available.