Discrepancy in the field length for the field UserTerritory2Association.RoleInTerritory2
Last updated 2022-02-10 ·Reference W-3806715 ·Reported By 3 users
>> Workbench displays the API field length to be 40 characters.
But the field is a picklist field of String(255).
>> In Workbench creating record with field length greater than 40 characters works perfectly fine.
>> But, in other integrations, the data could be truncated or an error could be thrown to the user.
Scenario 1: Field accepting data of 40 characters and more.
1) Login to Workbench
2) Under Standard & Custom objects, look for the object "UserTerritory2Association"
3) Notice the field RoleInTerritory2 has length of 40 characters.
1) Create a new UserTerritory2Association record with value of RoleInTerritory2 greater than 40 characters.
2) The record is successfully saved & value displays correctly in UI.
Scenario 2: Other integrations like Informatica, truncates the value greater than 40 characters.
1) Using integration tool like Informatica, try to retrieve the UserTerritory2Association data.
2) The value is either truncated or an error is displayed to the user.
Is it Fixed?
Any unreleased services, features, statuses, or dates referenced in this or other public statements are not currently available and may not be delivered on time or at all. Customers who purchase our services should make their purchase decisions based upon features that are currently available.