Unable to Sync Quotes on Cloned Opportunities in Lightning
Last updated 2017-09-08 ·Reference W-3791905 ·Reported By 4 users
If an Opportunity record with a synced Quote is Cloned using Lightning Experience, the resulting Opportunity will incorrectly retain that original quote during the cloning process. When a New quote is then added to the resulting Opportunity, it will fail to sync.
1. Login as Admin.
2. Make sure the Synced Quote field is added to your assigned Opportunity Page Layout.
3. Make sure the Syncing field is added to your assigned Quote Page Layout.
4. Switch to Lightning Experience.
5. Create a New Opportunity.
6. From its related lists, create a New (child) Quote.
7. View the Quote and click Start Sync. Confirm sync is successful.
8. Now, Clone the parent Opportunity.
9. Notice that the Synced Quote field retains its value. [This does not happen in Classic].
10. From the Cloned Opp’s related list, create a New (child) Quote.
11. View the Quote and click Start Sync.
Onscreen message warning that original synced quote will stop syncing and be replaced by new quote. Clicking "Continue" succeeds.
No warning screen, nothing appears to happen, OR
Warning screen does appear but is followed by a generic 'Error' after clicking Continue.
1. In Lightning, click "Stop Sync" on the original Quote. Then "Start Sync" on the New Quote.
2. Switch to Classic and "Start Sync" will correctly replace the original quote.
3. Use the 'Clone' button in Classic for cloning Opportunities.
Is it Fixed?
Any unreleased services, features, statuses, or dates referenced in this or other public statements are not currently available and may not be delivered on time or at all. Customers who purchase our services should make their purchase decisions based upon features that are currently available.