Email notifications are not sent when a Chatter Question with an empty body is edited to include an @mention
Last updated 2018-02-10 ·Reference W-3595586 ·Reported By 1 users
If a Chatter Question with an empty body is edited, and an @mention added to the body, notifications are not sent.
1. Create a Chatter Question and populate the Title, labeled "What would you like to know?".
2. Leave the Body field, labeled "Anything else? Add it here ..." blank.
3. Select the drop down button to the right of the Question and choose Edit to edit the post.
4. Edit the Body field and @ mention a Chatter group, then click Save.
5. Note that no notification email is sent to members of the Chatter group.
To workaround this, edit the Chatter Question and add text to the Body field and Save. Then Edit the Question again and include the @ mention.
Reported By (1)
Is it Fixed?
Any unreleased services, features, statuses, or dates referenced in this or other public statements are not currently available and may not be delivered on time or at all. Customers who purchase our services should make their purchase decisions based upon features that are currently available.