Internal Server Error When Publishing a New Community
Last updated 2018-01-06 ·Reference W-2482321 ·Reported By 2 users
If a published Community is renamed without modifying the path prefix, and the user later creates a New Community using the original name, an internal server error will occur when attempting to Publish.
1. Create a template based community (Napili/Kokua/Koa) e.g. Name=MyCommunity, URL=<default>.
2. Publish the community.
3. Go to community management and change the name of the community. DO NOT modify the URL/path of the community e.g. Name=MyCommunityX, URL=<same>
4. Create another template based community (Napili/Kokua/Koa) and give it the name from step 1 e.g. Name=MyCommunity, URL=<default>
5. Try to Publish the new community.
Community is Published.
Internal Server Errors ending in:
1. Identify the Community site that originally had the name of the problematic Community and use Community Management to change its path prefix.
2. Use either Community Builder (for template or site.com sites) or site.com studio (for VF based sites) to ‘Publish’ the old / original Community site.
Is it Fixed?
Any unreleased services, features, statuses, or dates referenced in this or other public statements are not currently available and may not be delivered on time or at all. Customers who purchase our services should make their purchase decisions based upon features that are currently available.