Validation rule error is not displayed in Lightning when changing record ownership.
Last updated 2017-06-10 ·Reference W-3655513 ·Reported By 4 users
When the owner of a record is changed in Lightning, the validation rule errors are not seen in the page although a generic error message is displayed.
1. Create a new Contact record with just the required fields.
2. Go to setup and create a contact validation rule.
- Rule execution formula: just type 'true' so that the rule will always execute.
- Display: choose field and choose the field, Salutation (or any other field).
3. Switch to Lightning.
4. Change the owner of the record created in #1 to a different user.
5. Since the rule formula is 'true', the validation rule will be triggered.
6. You won't be allowed to change the owner but the error displayed in the page will be a generic error and not the validation error.
Change the validation error to be displayed in the top of the page instead of in a field.
Is it Fixed?
Any unreleased services, features, statuses, or dates referenced in this or other public statements are not currently available and may not be delivered on time or at all. Customers who purchase our services should make their purchase decisions based upon features that are currently available.