Lightning Exp. Case Creation Includes Assignment Rule Checkbox When Configured Not To
Last updated 2017-06-10 ·Reference W-3635429 ·Reported By 16 users
Users in Lightning Experience click the dropdown in the navigation bar for Cases, and click New Case. They select a record type, and then are presented with the case creation page. On this page, the first time after logging in, the "Assign Using Active Assignment Rules" checkbox is present on the page and unchecked. Subsequent visits to the case creation page will *NOT* present the "Assign Using Assignment Rules" checkbox to the user.
1) Create two case layouts, Layout 1 and Layout 2.
2) Create two case record types, RT1 and RT2
3) Assign layouts to record types like this:
Layout 1 -> RT1
Layout 2 -> RT2
4) Create an active case assignment rule
5) On Layout 1, enable Case assignment rule checkbox
6) On Layout 2, disable Case assignment rule checkbox.
The cache pulls initially from the default Case Layout page layout. To work around this, configure the default Case Layout so that the assignment rule behavior is to your liking.
Reported By (16)
Is it Fixed?
Any unreleased services, features, statuses, or dates referenced in this or other public statements are not currently available and may not be delivered on time or at all. Customers who purchase our services should make their purchase decisions based upon features that are currently available.