Lightning - "the entity is locked for editing" message displays in English, no matter what language you select
Last updated 2017-06-10 ·Reference W-3643111 ·Reported By 1 users
When a User tries to Edit a Record that is locked by an Approval Process they will receive an error message because "the entity is locked for editing". Using Classic that error message is a page that is localized to every language. Using LEX the error message ("the entity is locked for editing") displays in English no matter your language.
1. Create an Approval Process, make sure you lock the entity when the record enters the approval. Use a simple criteria like 1=1.
2. Create a Record on the entity you used to create the Approval Process. Submit that record for approval.
3. Record will be locked as a result of #1 and #2.
4. Using a Standard User with sufficient edit access to the record you created (e.g. make that User the owner of the locked record) try to edit it. It'll fail.
5. If you change your language (e.g. French, Spanish...) and try to edit it in Classic you'll be redirected to a "Record Locked" page. That page will be localized to your language.
6. If you try to edit it in Lightning Experience you'll see an error on the Edit pop up showing the error in English.
Reported By (1)
Is it Fixed?
Any unreleased services, features, statuses, or dates referenced in this or other public statements are not currently available and may not be delivered on time or at all. Customers who purchase our services should make their purchase decisions based upon features that are currently available.