Bulk Ownership Change Gives Internal Server Error in LEX List View if Record Has Required Fields Missing
Last updated 2017-06-10 ·Reference W-3588884 ·Reported By 3 users
If a Lead is in a queue, and there are required fields (required in Setup menu, not only on the page layout), and the lead does not have a value in those required fields, a non-admin user will face an internal server error when trying to accept ownership of the record from the list view in Lightning Experience.
Rather than an internal server error, this error message should be handled more gracefully.
1) Create a Queue that supports Lead records. Call it Lead Queue
2) Create a custom field on the Lead object called Lead_Type__c of type Picklist. Do not make it required yet.
3) Create a Lead Record, ensuring you leave the Lead_Type__c field blank.
4) Assign this Lead Record to the Lead Queue from step 1
5) Navigate back to the custom field definition page in setup for Lead_Type__c. Now make this a restricted picklist, and make it required.
6) Create a user with a standard profile. Ensure they have Read/Create/Edit on Leads, as well as Transfer Leads, and Transfer Record.
7) Login as the user from step 6
8) Switch to Lightning Experience if not already in it.
9) Navigate to the Leads tab, and select the Lead Queue list view.
10) Check the box next to your lead record, and click "Accept" button
11) Internal Server Error
Fill in all required fields prior to ownership change, or make affected fields not required.
Is it Fixed?
Any unreleased services, features, statuses, or dates referenced in this or other public statements are not currently available and may not be delivered on time or at all. Customers who purchase our services should make their purchase decisions based upon features that are currently available.