Changes to State Values Not Reflected in the [Change To] State List in State & Country Picklists
Last updated 2021-03-15 ·Reference W-3555230 ·Reported By 19 users
During setup of State & Country Picklists, if a standard State value is renamed during Step 1 (configuration), the renamed value will not display in Step 3 (convert your data).
In a Winter '16 org:
1. Click on the [Configure states and Countries] in State & Country Picklists(Setup | Data Management | "State & Country Picklists")
2. Make sure Australia is Active & Visible.
Note: it should have 8 states/provinces by default.
3. Click Save if changes were made. Then click Edit to Australia.
4. Click Edit next to one of the states, such as Tasmania.
5. Rename both the State Name and the Integration Value (eg. Tasmania2).
6. Make sure it’s Active and Visible, then click Save.
7. Verify the new name appears in the list of States.
8. Click [Scan Now] and [Scan] and then [Convert now] (Convert your data).
9.Set the Country in "Convert Countries/Territories".
10.Click Save to Changelist and click Next.
11.Finally, select the [Change To] picklist in Convert State.
Renamed value (Tasmania2) appears as an available option in the 'Change To' picklist.
The renamed value does not appear, though the original value (Tasmania, in this case) does.
Use Translation Workbench to edit the Setup Component: "Address State/Address Country". The intended value can be entered as an Address State/Country Translation.
Is it Fixed?
Any unreleased services, features, statuses, or dates referenced in this or other public statements are not currently available and may not be delivered on time or at all. Customers who purchase our services should make their purchase decisions based upon features that are currently available.