In Lightning Experience, Clicking "Account" Object Partially Loads the Page Then Redirects Back to the Object Manager
Last updated 2022-02-10 ·Reference W-3550739 ·Reported By 8 users
In an org with Person Accounts enabled, clicking the Account object in the Object Manager in Lightning Experience may partially load and then automatically redirect you back to the Object Manager.
This occurs when you have more Account and Contact custom fields (combined) than the limit for Account custom fields. For example, if you have 500 Account fields and 500 Contact fields, combined there are 1000 fields which need to display on the page, which is too many for the page to display.
1) Enable Person Accounts in an org.
2) Enable Lightning Experience in that org.
3) Create 500 custom fields on the Account object
4) Create 500 custom fields on the Contact object
5) In Salesforce classic, navigate to the Person Accounts fields page, and notice everything loads properly.
6) Switch to Lightning Experience and go to Setup Home
7) Navigate to Object Manager > Accounts
8) You will be redirected back to the Object Manager
Use Salesforce classic to configure the setup of Person Accounts if you have a lot of fields on Accounts and/or Contacts.
Is it Fixed?
Any unreleased services, features, statuses, or dates referenced in this or other public statements are not currently available and may not be delivered on time or at all. Customers who purchase our services should make their purchase decisions based upon features that are currently available.