Cascade deletes of Events from a Custom Object parent are not updating the Storage Count properly
Last updated 2017-10-14 ·Reference W-3537131 ·Reported By 1 users
We can relate Events on Public Calendar to Custom Object records (Related To field). When we delete the related custom object records, the associated events get automatically deleted. Emptying recycle bin will update storage counts of the custom objects records. But it will not update the Events records storage counts even though its associated custom object shows correct storage counts.
1. Login to Org.
2. Create Custom Object & choose "Allow Activities" option. Create records.
3. Create a public calendar.
4. Create events on public calendar & associate them to records of custom object (created in step 2)
5. Notice storage counts on both Custom Object and Events.
6. Delete the newly created custom object records. You will notice associated events are deleted as well.
7. Empty Recycle Bin. This will hard delete the custom object records.
8. You will notice that the storage counts on Custom Object are updated, while storage counts on Events are same as seen on Step 5.
Log a case with support requesting Physical Delete to be run along with Storage Recalculation. This will update the Events storage numbers to reflect accurate values.
Reported By (1)
Is it Fixed?
Any unreleased services, features, statuses, or dates referenced in this or other public statements are not currently available and may not be delivered on time or at all. Customers who purchase our services should make their purchase decisions based upon features that are currently available.