Winter '17 - Community Password Reset Link Fails to Redirect if Initial Reset Interrupted
Last updated 2017-05-09 ·Reference W-3469653 ·Reported By 2 users
If a Community User uses their Password Reset link for the first time but closes the browser tab/window before completing their reset, re-using that link will result in a Blank Page (and status '500' error) instead of redirecting them to generate a new link.
In a Winter ’17 org
1. Create a new Napili Community.
2. Publish the Community from builder.
3. In Community Management | Login and Registration, set forgot password page to: Community Builder --> "Forgot Password".
4. Activate and Publish the Community.
5. Go to the Forgot Password page in a fresh window (incognito).
6. Input your username (associated with a community user) and check your email for a Password Reset link.
7. Use the link in a fresh window and you will be prompted to reset your password. NOTE: Do not proceed with reset.
8. Use the link again.
Because the link has already been used, you should be redirected to the Forgot Password page to generate a new link.
Note: Links are one-time-use.
The repeated use of the link presents the user with a blank / white page and a '500' Internal Server Error.
Affected users must return to the Forgot Password page to generate a fresh, working reset link.
Is it Fixed?
Any unreleased services, features, statuses, or dates referenced in this or other public statements are not currently available and may not be delivered on time or at all. Customers who purchase our services should make their purchase decisions based upon features that are currently available.