Formula in Process Builder returns unexpected null value while reference Account.LastModifiedBy.Profile.Name in Process Builder criteria
Last updated 2022-02-10 ·Reference W-3412968 ·Reported By 31 users
Unable to reference Account.LastModifiedBy.Profile.Name in Process Builder criteria.
The below error message is generated when it was triggered.
An error occurred at element myDecision (FlowDecision).
The flow failed to access the value for myVariable_current.LastModifiedBy.Profile.Name because it hasn't been set or assigned.
This report lists the elements that the flow interview executed. The report is a beta feature.
We welcome your feedback on IdeaExchange.
1. Open Process Builder
Setup > Create > Workflow & Approvals > Process Builder
2. Click [New] button, set the below values and Click [Save] button
Process Name: ANY
The process starts when: A record changes
3. Click [+Add Object] box
4. Set the below options in "Choose Object and Specify When to Start the Process" and click [Save] button
Start the process: when a record is created or edited
5. Click <+Add Criteria> box
6. Set the below options in "Define Criteria for this Action Group" and click [Save] button
Criteria Name: ANY
Criteria for Executing Actions: Conditions are met
Field: Account ▶ Last Modified By ID ▶ Profile ID ▶ Name
7. Click [+Add Action] box
8. Set the below options in "Select and Define Action" and click [Save] button
Action Type: Post to Chatter
Action Name: ANY
Post to: Chatter Group
Group: All Org
9. Click [Activate] button and [Confirm] button
1. Login to Salesforce
2. Open an account record
3. Try to update this record
Referencing Account.LastModifiedBy.Profile.Name is not working in this moment.
Please create a custom formula field and reference it instead of directly referencing in Process builder.
Or, Please use Account.LastModifiedBy.ProfileID in criteria of Process builder.
Reported By (31)
Is it Fixed?
Any unreleased services, features, statuses, or dates referenced in this or other public statements are not currently available and may not be delivered on time or at all. Customers who purchase our services should make their purchase decisions based upon features that are currently available.