Insufficient Privileges when Viewing Work Order if Object Milestones RL is On Layout
Last updated 2017-06-10 ·Reference W-3386323 ·Reported By 4 users
Users with access to Work Order records will receive Insufficient Privileges when viewing a Work Order if the following two conditions are met:
-The user does not have View Setup & Configuration
-The Object Milestones Related List is on the page layout (and has a milestone on it).
1) Ensure Work Orders are Enabled, as well as Entitlements/Milestones, and OWD for Work Orders set to Public Read/Write
2) Create User A with the following permissions -
Account: Create, Read, Edit, Delete
Service Contract: Read
Work Order: Create Read Edit
View Setup & Configuration must be OFF
3) Create a Milestone for Work Orders. Set to Non Recurring. (Setup>Customize>Entitlement Management>Milestones>New)
4) Create an Entitlement Process for Work Orders (Setup>Customize>Entitlement Management>Entitlement Processes)
5) On the Entitlement Process Screen, add the Milestone from Step 3 to the Milestone Related List
6) Create an Account Record
7) Create a Service Contract record associated to the Entitlement Process from step 4, and the Account from Step 6
8) Create a Work Order record, and ensure the Entitlement Process is populated with yours from step 4, and Account from Step 6, and Service Contract from step 7
9) On the Work Order record, click Edit Layout, and add the Object Milestone Related List
10) At this point you the related list should have a milestone on it. If so, great.
11) Login as User A from step 2
12) Navigate to the Work Order record -- Insufficient Privileges.
Use the Work Order fields related to entitlements rather than using the Object Milestone related list.
Is it Fixed?
Any unreleased services, features, statuses, or dates referenced in this or other public statements are not currently available and may not be delivered on time or at all. Customers who purchase our services should make their purchase decisions based upon features that are currently available.