Inline Image in HTML Email from Email Publisher can return "Image Not Available"
Last updated 2017-06-10 ·Reference W-3334598 ·Reported By 7 users
If a HTML email contains less than 1000 characters in the Email Publisher and the email also contains an inline image, the image will return as "Image Not Available" for any user other than user that sent email.
1) Open case in Service Cloud Console and open the Email Publisher
2) Add an inline image and send to a user/email
3) Inspect the image in the Feed Item and the src should be like the following:
4) Share case with any user providing Read / Read/Write access
5) Login as the 2nd user and open the above Case (NOTE: You may need to perform a hard refresh to not use cache.)
6) Go to the Case Feed Item for the Email and notice the image is like below:
"Image Not Available"
This image is not available because:
- You don't have the privileges to see it, OR
- It has been removed from the system
7) Logout of the 2nd user and back as the Admin user
8) Create a HTML template that, along with an inline image src URL will exceed 1000 characters.
9) Send another email from the same case, clear the publisher and select your new Email template
10) In the 3rd cell of the first row, insert an inline image
11) Send the email and inspect the image in the Feed Item. It should be the download link as follows:
12) Login as the 2nd user again and hard refresh the same case
13) Notice the image is visible from the 2nd email but the 1st email is still no access
Note: Lightning end users would also see "Image Not Available" in cases for HTML Body less than 1,000 characters.
None. Please note that KI only impacts emails with HTML Body less than 1,000 characters.
Is it Fixed?
Any unreleased services, features, statuses, or dates referenced in this or other public statements are not currently available and may not be delivered on time or at all. Customers who purchase our services should make their purchase decisions based upon features that are currently available.