Lightning Activity composer freezes in IE11 when its the first tab by default
Last updated 2017-10-10 ·Reference W-3262849 ·Reported By 2 users
When a user tries to use the activity composer in IE11 it freezes up when they try to edit the composer fields. This happens in events and tasks tabs when either tab is the first tab to be shown. This affects only Lightning pages.
1. Switch to the Lightning Experience if not there yet
2. Open the Accounts tab
3. Open any Account record
4. On the right, the activity composer will be seen with 'New Event' as the default tab, or whichever Event or Activity tab was set as the default
5. Click into the subject text box. This will display the other fields
6. Try to edit any of the other fields. It will not be possible
1. Click on any of the other tabs in the Activity composer and then switch back to the original tab, doing this gives access to edit the fields as expected.
2. Switch the order of the tabs to have one of the other tabs as the landing tab which will force users to click into the affected tab thus enabling the fields for editing
Is it Fixed?
Any unreleased services, features, statuses, or dates referenced in this or other public statements are not currently available and may not be delivered on time or at all. Customers who purchase our services should make their purchase decisions based upon features that are currently available.