Package Upgrade failing when deleting VF Component that would have had compilation problems
Last updated 2022-02-10 ·Reference W-2312706 ·Reported By 0 users
In a package if a visualforce component is deleted subsequent upgrades fail if the deleted component is no longer valid, for example it references another component that has been updated but is missing required parameters.
1) Create a DE org
2) In this org, create two components
3) Add components to a package and upload
4) Install this package in a second org
5) Modify ComponentTwo to add a required attribute
<apex:attribute name="attName" type="String" description="hi" required="true"></apex:attribute>
6) Delete ComponentOne from the package and upload
7) Try to upgrade the package in the second org
Reported By (0)
Is it Fixed?
Any unreleased services, features, statuses, or dates referenced in this or other public statements are not currently available and may not be delivered on time or at all. Customers who purchase our services should make their purchase decisions based upon features that are currently available.