Multiple errors when using platform encryption in a scratch org
Last updated 2020-06-23 ·Reference W-7289626 ·Reported By 2 users
When encryption is enabled on chatter or custom fields in a scratch org, it is resulting in Internal Server Error.
*Note: *This issue happens on scratch orgs only.
REQUIRED SETUP BEFORE REPRODUCING THE ISSUE:
1. Login to your existing scratch org OR if you don’t have a scratch org and need help in creating one, follow below link: https://developer.salesforce.com/docs/atlas.en-us.sfdx_dev.meta/sfdx_dev/sfdx_dev_scratch_orgs_create.htm
2. When you create your scratch org, make sure to add “PlatformEncryption” as a feature in your scratch org definition file
3. After you create your scratch org, you can set up Shield Platform Encryption as a user. Assign the required permissions, generate or upload key material, and then encrypt data.
REPRO STEPS 1:
1. Navigate to Platform Encryption > Encryption Policy then enable "Encrypt Chatter"
2. Notice the error message appears
REPRO STEPS 2:
1. Create a new custom object and then a new custom field
2. Edit the recently created field to enable the Encrypted checkbox and Save
3. Notice the error message appears
None at this time
Is it Fixed?
Any unreleased services, features, statuses, or dates referenced in this or other public statements are not currently available and may not be delivered on time or at all. Customers who purchase our services should make their purchase decisions based upon features that are currently available.