Managed Package Patch Modification Exception error when editing a custom field in a patch org
Last updated 2020-10-15 ·Reference W-7363660 ·Reported By 7 users
Custom fields cannot be modified in a patch org.
1. Create a custom object & a custom field in a Developer org
2. Add a namespace, create managed package, add the object & field, then upload the package as managed-released
3. Create a patch org for the version uploaded in step 2
4. Login to the patch and edit the custom field save
5. Managed Package Patch Modification Exception error is thrown
Make the desired change using Metadata API.
Is it Fixed?
Any unreleased services, features, statuses, or dates referenced in this or other public statements are not currently available and may not be delivered on time or at all. Customers who purchase our services should make their purchase decisions based upon features that are currently available.