Import errors based on restricted values and max length
Last updated 2020-10-14 ·Reference W-7344124 ·Reported By 1 users
InvalidRestrictedFieldValue error preventing successful import of csv containing a non-default restricted value that is longer than 50 characters.
1. Create an attribute under Profile Management with the following settings-
a. Under the ‘Data’ tab-
· Data Type: Text
· Default Value: This sentence is less than 50 characters long.
· Maximum Length: 60
b. Under the ‘Values’ tab-
· Add- This sentence is less than 50 characters long. (or anything else as long as it is under 50 characters)
· Add– This sentence is more than 50 but less than 60 characters. (or anything else as long as it is between 50 and 60 characters long)
2. Create a new list.
3. Create a csv file with a subscriber who has “This sentence is more than 50 but less than 60 characters.” (or whatever phrase you used) for the value of your new attribute.
4. Import this csv into your new list.
The import fails with error: InvalidRestrictedFieldValue.
There is no specific workaround for this scenario. The restricted values or default value would need removed.
Reported By (1)
Is it Fixed?
Any unreleased services, features, statuses, or dates referenced in this or other public statements are not currently available and may not be delivered on time or at all. Customers who purchase our services should make their purchase decisions based upon features that are currently available.