Journey Testing fails if data retention on individual records is added to an entry source DE and later removed
Last updated 2021-10-12 ·Reference W-7133373 ·Reported By 0 users
Fixed in version Marketing Cloud January 2020 Release Patch 2
A Journey configured to use a Data Extension entry source will fail testing if the data extension was originally created with data retention on Individual records turned on, and this data retention was subsequently turned off.
1. Create a new sendable data extension in Audience Builder > Contact Builder > Data Extensions
2. Set Retention Setting to 'On', and choose to delete Individual records after a specified number of days.
3. Add a contact to the Data Extension.
4. In Journey Builder, create a new Journey from scratch
5. Choose a Data Extension Entry Source, and configure to use the data extension just created.
6. Add a random split to the Journey, specify Journey settings and schedule (Run Once)
7. Save the journey > Validate > Test Journey
8. Choose a Contact and Start test.
9. The Journey should run a successful test
10. Go back to Audience Builder > Contact Builder > Data Extensions and change the Data Extension Retention setting to Off
11. Repeat the Journey Validation test above.
12. An error 'We encountered an error running the test, please try again' is shown in the 'Running Test' panel.
Recreate the entry source data extension. Populate the data from the old data extension to the new data extension via export/import or a SQL query activity.
Reported By (0)
Any unreleased services, features, statuses, or dates referenced in this or other public statements are not currently available and may not be delivered on time or at all. Customers who purchase our services should make their purchase decisions based upon features that are currently available.