Marketing Cloud Report Export/Schedule To FTP 'Make it Unique' option Appends GUID to Filename Instead of Date/Time
Last updated 2020-02-04 ·Reference W-4537096 ·Reported By 1 users
When creating a schedule for a Marketing Cloud report, within the FTP Delivery Options, the filename can be made unique by ticking the Ticking the 'Make it Unique' option. But this appends a GUID to the filename instead of the expected date time stamp.
1. Log into the Marketing Cloud account
2. Navigate to Analytics Builder > Reports
3. Open any report
4. Click the calendar icon (the 'Schedule' action) to open the 'Schedule Report Results' window.
5. Within Delivery Options, tick 'Save report for FTP'.
6. This exposes a number of data entry fields, including "Unique Option". Tick the "Make it Unique" box next to this field.
7. Complete other mandatory fields.
8. Export the results to the FTP
9. Confirm that a GUID is appended to the filename rather than a date time stamp
No workaround exists.
The customer will have to manually rename the file.
Reported By (1)
Is it Fixed?
Any unreleased services, features, statuses, or dates referenced in this or other public statements are not currently available and may not be delivered on time or at all. Customers who purchase our services should make their purchase decisions based upon features that are currently available.