Applying template updates removes email content
Last updated 2020-04-06 ·Reference W-6016532 ·Reported By 5 users
Fixed in version Marketing Cloud Release March 2020
Applying template changes to an email which uses the template can result in content being removed from the email when the update is applied.
1. Create a Template using a standalone block (i.e. text or image) and layout.
2. Created an email using this template
3. Add images/text to the block and layout in the email and save
4. Go back to the template and edit the block and layout and save
5. Go back to the email and select to update from the template
Affected content areas will need to be reconfigured.
Any unreleased services, features, statuses, or dates referenced in this or other public statements are not currently available and may not be delivered on time or at all. Customers who purchase our services should make their purchase decisions based upon features that are currently available.