Triggered Send from CloudPages Smart Capture form in Classic Editor does not send
Last updated 2020-04-06 ·Reference W-6585349 ·Reported By 3 users
Fixed in version Marketing Cloud Release March 2020
When associating a triggered send definition to a SmartCapture form in CloudPages using the classic editor, the triggered email fails to send when subscribers are submitted through the form.
1. Create a Triggered Send Definition
2. Create a Classic Landing Page with Smart Capture gear in CloudPages
3. Go to advanced options and select triggered email checkbox
4. Select the definition from dropdown
5. Save the form and publish page
6. Go to live page and submit the form with valid email address. The form submits successfully but the triggered send does not send.
The following workarounds are available for this issue:
-Use the API directly to send a triggered send
-Create a form with HTML that uses Web Collect to add subs to a list. Associate the list with a Welcome Email. This option is only available when the form targets a list.
-Use the CloudPage Smart Capture form Journey Builder event to inject contacts into a Journey that includes the desired email as the first step. This option is only available when the form targets a data extension.
Any unreleased services, features, statuses, or dates referenced in this or other public statements are not currently available and may not be delivered on time or at all. Customers who purchase our services should make their purchase decisions based upon features that are currently available.