Salesforce Data Entry defaults to maximum field length of 255 for a Picklist (Multi-Select) when brougth over through Entry Data
Last updated 2020-08-05 ·Reference W-6814993 ·Reported By 0 users
Fixed in version Marketing Cloud Release July 2020
When bringing a Picklist (Multi-Select) field over through Entry Data, the resulting Data Extension field will have a maximum field length set to 255. If a Salesforce record qualifies for injection to the Journey and their values for the Picklist (Multi-select) exceed 255 characters in length, then the record will fail to be injected.
- Add a Picklist (Multi-Select) field on the Lead Object in the Salescloud.
- Add a set of values which exceed 255 characters in length, total.
- Create a Salesforce Data Entry Event entry source in a new Journey.
- Select Lead Object / Lead ID
- Trigger upon Creation with no specific criteria
- No Related Object Criteria
- Add the Picklist (Multi-select) field as your Entry Data.
- Save the Entry Source.
- Add a Random Split to the Journey Builder canvas.
- Configure settings to Allow Re-entry
- Save and Activate Journey.
- Create a Lead who has every value picked for the Picklist (Multi-select) field.
Travel to the Data Extension and edit the field length to 4000 characters.
Reported By (0)
Any unreleased services, features, statuses, or dates referenced in this or other public statements are not currently available and may not be delivered on time or at all. Customers who purchase our services should make their purchase decisions based upon features that are currently available.