Lightning Report filters linked from dashboard are duplicated when report is edited
Last updated 9 days ago ·Reference W-6814481 ·Reported By 38 users
When a report is accessed from a dashboard that has filters, the dashboard filters are added to the report filters as "linked filters". If you then edit the report, the linked filter(s) are no longer linked and they are just filters. If you run the report and edit it again, the linked filters are added to the report filters again. This occurs each time that the report is edited and run, resulting in potentially several duplicate filters being added to the report unintentionally.
1. Create a report
2. Create a Dashboard
3. Add a component to the dashboard based on the above report
4. Add a filter to the dashboard
5. Save and run the dashboard
6. Apply a filter value on the dashboard
7. Click View Report on the dashboard component
8. Click the funnel icon to view the filters on the report
9. Note that the filter from the dashboard is displayed under the "Linked Filters" section
10. Click Edit
11. Click "Filters"
12. Note that the filter that was displayed as a linked filter is now grouped with the other filters and is locked
13. Run the report
14. Click the funnel icon to view the filters on the report
15. Note that the filter from the dashboard is displayed under the "Linked Filters" section AND the locked filter from step 12 shows as one of the report filters
16. Repeat steps 8-12 as many times as you like to have a filter party!
Remove unwanted filters before saving report.
Reported By (38)
Is it Fixed?
Any unreleased services, features, statuses, or dates referenced in this or other public statements are not currently available and may not be delivered on time or at all. Customers who purchase our services should make their purchase decisions based upon features that are currently available.