Error 'UNKNOWN_EXCEPTION' when viewing record for object with cross object formula referencing lookup to knowledge
Last updated 2020-02-15 ·Reference W-6725150 ·Reported By 17 users
Looks like there's a problem.
ui.services.connection.api.PartnerConnectionException: UNKNOWN_EXCEPTION: An unexpected error occurred. Please include this ErrorId if you contact support: 1461162263-36484 (227158310)
This error has been known to occur when a platform user attempts to view a record for an object that has:
1. A custom lookup field to the Lightning Knowledge object.
2. A cross object custom formula field that references values on related knowledge article through the custom lookup field.
3. The custom formula field applied to the page layout assigned to the platform users profile.
This exception condition is related to access checks encountering an error condition with the introduction of the following profile feature enhancement with Winter '20:
Fine-Tune Access to Draft and Archived Articles
1. Create a Custom Object with the following 2 fields:
A) Lookup field to the Knowledge object
B) Create a cross object formula (text) formula field: Article__r.RecordType.DeveloperName
2. Clone the 'Standard Platform User' profile to create a new custom profile using the following details:
Custom object CRUD - Read, Create, Edit
Knowledge object CRUD - Read
3. Create a new Salesforce Platform licensed User and assign them the custom profile
4. Create a test Knowledge Article
5. Login as the platform user
6. Create a custom object record and populate the custom lookup field to the Article
Actual Results: When the cross object formula field to knowledge is applied to the user's assigned page layout they receive the following error viewing custom object records:
"Looks like there's a problem.
ui.services.connection.api.PartnerConnectionException: UNKNOWN_EXCEPTION: An unexpected error occurred. Please include this ErrorId if you contact support: 1461162263-36484 (227158310)"
- Restrict affected user's visibility to the cross object formula field(s) referencing knowledge by removing the field(s) from the users's assigned page layout or by removing their profile's visibility to the field via field level security.
- Set the 'View Archived Articles' permission for affected user's assigned profiles.
Is it Fixed?
Any unreleased services, features, statuses, or dates referenced in this or other public statements are not currently available and may not be delivered on time or at all. Customers who purchase our services should make their purchase decisions based upon features that are currently available.