Selecting a record in search result of Lookup field opens record detail page in new browser tab
Last updated 2020-02-15 ·Reference W-6705754 ·Reported By 4 users
In Lightning, searching in a lookup field will yield some records as results. Using the drop down arrow to edit one of the results, after the edit, selecting that record will open the record up in a new tab, rather than selecting it for use in the lookup field.
1) Create two Accounts, TEST A and TEST B
2) Click "New" on the Contact object to begin creating a new Contact
3) In the Account Name field, type "TEST" and search
4) Both TEST A and TEST B should be visible in the search results.
5) Use the drop down next to TEST A and click "Edit"
6) Make some change on the record and save
7) You should be back on the search results screen. Click on TEST A to select it for use in the lookup field
It should take you back to contact create screen with TEST A filled in the Account Name field.
A new tab is opened with TEST A and the lookup is not populated on contact.
Wait to edit records until after making a selection in the lookup search.
Is it Fixed?
Any unreleased services, features, statuses, or dates referenced in this or other public statements are not currently available and may not be delivered on time or at all. Customers who purchase our services should make their purchase decisions based upon features that are currently available.