Wait By Attribute using shortest contact model path - incorrectly processing contacts immediately
Last updated 2019-09-25 ·Reference W-6648741 ·Reported By 0 users
Wait By Attribute is defaulting to the shortest path in the contact model to the referenced attribute despite specifying a specific path.
For paths that contain multiple relationships, the actual path used when the system processes the contact might be different where there is another path with the same or less number of relationships to the same attribute.
This may result in the correct attribute not being related to the contact in the journey, as a result the activity will process the contacts out of the wait immediately.
- Create a Journey that uses a Wait By Attribute activity
- Specify the attribute path (eg - Contact_Salesforce > Account_Salesforce > CustomObject__c.Attribute)
- The contact model also includes a path that has the same/lower number of relationships to same attribute. (eg - User_Salesforce > CustomObject__c.Attribute)
- Run the Journey - contacts are incorrectly processed out of wait immediately as the correct path is not used.
- Stage the data in a data extension using a recurring SQL query.
- Link the staged data extension directly to the contact model.
- Reference the attribute in the staged data extension in the Wait By Attribute activity.
Reported By (0)
Is it Fixed?
Any unreleased services, features, statuses, or dates referenced in this or other public statements are not currently available and may not be delivered on time or at all. Customers who purchase our services should make their purchase decisions based upon features that are currently available.