[Regression] In some scenarios, in multi-currency orgs, the User’s Locale currency symbol displays instead of the User’s Currency
Last updated 2020-01-04 ·Reference W-6433013 ·Reported By 0 users
The "default" currency code was changed from the currency code in the user setting to the currency code which is associated with the locale in the user setting.
The behaviors described in this KI can be observed in orgs with multi-currency enabled only.
Follow the below steps in any org with multi-currency enabled in order to reproduce any of these behaviors:
1) Go to your User's Detail page and change your Locale to one whose Country’s Currency is different from your User’s Currency. Save the change.
Scenario 1: Report Filters on Currency Fields
2) From the App Launcher, go to Reports.
3) Create a New Report: click on New, select the “Accounts” standard Report Type and Continue.
4) Include the “Annual revenue” Field, which is a Currency Field as a column. Optionally, you can add/remove any other fields.
5) Go to the FILTERS Tab, Add a filter on the “Annual Revenue” field and Apply
6) Notice the filter on “Annual Revenue” field displays your User’s Locale currency symbol instead of your User’s Currency.
Scenario 2: Lightning Component
2) Create a simple Lightning Component that implements Input (or Output) Currency, as the one present in https://developer.salesforce.com/docs/component-library/bundle/ui:inputCurrency/example.
3) Using the Lightning App Builder, create a Record Page for Account (or any other Object) that includes your Lightning Component.
4) Open any Account Record.
5) Notice any number displays your User’s Locale currency symbol instead of your User’s Currency.
Reported By (0)
Is it Fixed?
Any unreleased services, features, statuses, or dates referenced in this or other public statements are not currently available and may not be delivered on time or at all. Customers who purchase our services should make their purchase decisions based upon features that are currently available.