Error observed when trying to access External Object Record in Lightning or Running a SOQL on the object filtering on ID in Cross Org Connect
Last updated 2020-01-04 ·Reference W-6587980 ·Reported By 3 users
When using cross org connect and trying to access External Object record in lightning OR trying to run a SOQL on the external object filtering on Id, gives an Internal Salesforce Error.
1. Create a cross-org connect and sync Contact and ContactHistory.
2. Edit the ContactHistory__x object and update its ContactId__c field to External Lookup to Contact__x.
3. In the source org, Configure History Tracking on Contact.
([Setup]-[Customize]-[Contacts]-[Fields]-[Set History Tracking (Button)])
4. Create a Contact record in the source org, which will create a record in ContactHistory too.
5. Go back to the target org and Switch to Lightning and open the ContactHisotry__x record.
You'll see the gack.
6. Run the below query. You'll see the gack too.
select id, externalid from ContactHisotry__x where id = 'x01xx0000022FgRXXX'
Is it Fixed?
Any unreleased services, features, statuses, or dates referenced in this or other public statements are not currently available and may not be delivered on time or at all. Customers who purchase our services should make their purchase decisions based upon features that are currently available.