Custom Objects Cannot Be Used With Macro Conditional Instructions
Last updated 2020-02-15 ·Reference W-6518284 ·Reported By 9 users
Custom objects can not be used with Conditional Instructions. The 'Field' picklist for the criteria is always greyed out meaning that customer can not select any fields from a custom object.
In any org with Macros and Lightning set up:
1) Create a custom object under Setup > Object Manager and add a few fields to it such as a custom picklist and text field
2) Add the Macros utility item to one of your Lightning Apps and open up the app
3) Go to your custom object within the app (App Launcher > Type the name of your custom object) and create a record
4) Open the Macros utility item on the record page and click the + button to create a new macro
5) Provide it a name, ensure 'Apply To' is set to your custom object, and click Save
6) Click 'Edit Instructions' on the macro you just created which should open the Macro Builder
7) Click 'Add Logic' on the right and then 'Add Condition'
Expected Result: The 'Field' picklist should populate with the custom object's field including the custom ones created
Actual Result: None of the custom object's fields are populated in the 'Field' picklist and it is greyed out
Extra: You can create a macro on any standard object and observe that the 'Field' picklist populates without issue
None at this time.
Is it Fixed?
Any unreleased services, features, statuses, or dates referenced in this or other public statements are not currently available and may not be delivered on time or at all. Customers who purchase our services should make their purchase decisions based upon features that are currently available.