Embedded donut chart total always sums grouping subtotals regardless of whether measure is a sum
Last updated 2022-02-10 ·Reference W-6510258 ·Reported By 3 users
When a donut chart is used to visualize a measure that is not a sum, the chart's total will accurately reflect the measure on the report run page. However, if the chart is embedded into a Lightning page the total will sum the wedge/grouping subtotals.
1. Create a report and add summarize a measure by average or create a custom summary formula that is not a sum.
2. Add a donut chart using the above measure as its value.
3. Save and run the report. Note that the total in the donut chart mirrors the total on the report.
4. Add the report chart to a Lightning page (the total on this preview screen is a sum of the subtotals).
5. Open a record with the chart embedded and note that the total is also a sum on the record page.
Use a different chart type to visualize the measure.
Is it Fixed?
Any unreleased services, features, statuses, or dates referenced in this or other public statements are not currently available and may not be delivered on time or at all. Customers who purchase our services should make their purchase decisions based upon features that are currently available.