Multiple customers not able to login to some oAuth clients
Last updated Yesterday ·Reference W-6438163 ·Reported By 296 users
Multiple customers are not able to login to some oAuth clients , for example, Trailblazer / Partner community / AppExchange , due to error :
Around 8/8/2019 6pm GMT our security team’s change affected metadata on oAuth refresh tokens and caused multiple customers’ oAuth login to fail.
Security team’s change was reverted. But refresh tokens created during this time are not functional.
Login to an oAuth client
If the oAuth problem is still not resolved, the sysadmin can revoke all tokens of the connected app for the user and let them re-login to create a new token.
To Resolve, please follow these steps:
1. As an admin, log into your org.
2. In Lighting, click the gear icon in the top-right corner (labeled "Setup") and select "Setup" from the pulldown menu, or in Classic, click the setup link in the top-right corner
3. From the Setup page, click the "Users" link in the left-hand navigation bar, then click "Users" from the pulldown menu that appears.
4. Click on the Username of the affected user.
5. On the User setup screen, scroll down to the OAuth Connected Apps section.
6. You will see several line items in this section, sorted by date.
Find the App corresponding to the affected community (AppExchange, Partner, Trailhead, Trailblazer Community, etc)
7. Click the Revoke link next to each line item for the associated Apps, with a Created Date of 8/8/2019
8. Revoking the token will return you to the top of the User setup page. Repeat this step for any line items matching these criteria until all matching line items have been removed.
Once all tokens have been revoked, the user should be able to return to the Community and log in as you normally would.
Reported By (296)
Any unreleased services, features, statuses, or dates referenced in this or other public statements are not currently available and may not be delivered on time or at all. Customers who purchase our services should make their purchase decisions based upon features that are currently available.