Live Chat Transcripts stuck in a status of 'In Progress' or 'Waiting'
Last updated 2 days ago ·Reference W-6405477 ·Reported By 267 users
An agent leaving a chat and/or visitor ending a chat can result in the Live Chat Transcript record to be lost to race conditions causing the status to become stuck in either “In Progress” or “Waiting”
Note: There are other ways in which transcripts can become stuck with a status of "In Progress" or "Waiting" that have been identified. There may also be additional unidentified causes of this behavior as well. These additional identified causes can be found in the Known Issue links below for reference
1. Set up an org with Chat (formerly Live Agent) & Omni-Channel
2. Set up a chat button with Omni routing
3. Set up an agent that can receive chats from the chat button
4. Go online with the agent
5. Request a chat from the chat button
6. As the agent try to accept the chat while at the same time as the visitor cancel the chat request
7. The agent should see 'The visitor left before the chat started'
Expected behavior: The Chat Transcript status should be updated to 'Completed' or 'Missed' and should contain the history of the chat in the 'Body' field
Actual behavior: The Chat Transcript status remains in either an 'In Progress' or 'Waiting' status and the 'Body' field is blank
Agents can delete the transcripts that are stuck after 24 hours.
Reported By (267)
Is it Fixed?
Any unreleased services, features, statuses, or dates referenced in this or other public statements are not currently available and may not be delivered on time or at all. Customers who purchase our services should make their purchase decisions based upon features that are currently available.