REST API Permission Enforcement Allows Non-Admin Users to see Salesforce Integration under Email->Admin
Last updated 2020-05-18 ·Reference W-6333970 ·Reported By 1 users
With the REST API permission enforcement introduced in the June 2019 Marketing Cloud release, Content Builder email sends require users to have view permissions for Send Classifications. However, this also allows non-admin users access to the Salesforce Integration settings under Email -> Admin. Learn how to workaround this limitation so that non-admin users can still configure the Send Classification settings of the email at send-time without needing access to the Salesforce Integration settings.
1. Set up a custom role with these settings:
- Email > Admin: set to Deny
Assign the role to a user.
2. Log in as the user and try to send an email under Test Send.
(a) Find that the Send Classification settings are not available for selection.
(b) Note that the navigation to Email Studio > Admin is not available.
3. (As an Admin user), update the settings under the custom role to allow view access to the Send Management settings:
- Email > Admin > Send Management > Sender Profile > View: Allow
- Email > Admin > Send Management > Delivery Profile > View: Allow
- Email > Admin > Send Management > Send Classification > View: Allow
4. Repeat step 2.
(a) Find that the Send Classification settings are available for selection, but
(b) The navigation to Email Studio > Admin is available, including Account Settings > Salesforce Integration
With the settings applied to deny navigation to Email Studio > Admin, try to send the email via one of these navigation routes:
1. Interactions -> Salesforce Sends, or
2. Classic Content -> Guided Send
Reported By (1)
Is it Fixed?
Any unreleased services, features, statuses, or dates referenced in this or other public statements are not currently available and may not be delivered on time or at all. Customers who purchase our services should make their purchase decisions based upon features that are currently available.