The "Users in Assigned Territories" related list is not displaying the assigned users in Lightning when User sharing is private.
Last updated 2022-02-10 ·Reference W-5444478 ·Reported By 12 users
The "Users in Assigned Territories" related list is not displaying the assigned users in Lightning when User sharing is private. This related list works as expected in Classic Experience and honors user sharing. In Lightning Experience, Admins and user above other users in the role hierarchy do not see users below them in the "Users in Assigned Territories" related list.
Org Conditions and Setup:
1. Enable Lightning.
2. Create two user record and assigned them to a standard profile, example: stduser1 and stduser2.
3. Navigate to Setup> Quick Find> Roles
4. Create the following Role Hierarchy. Example: CEO->Manager->Rep.
5. Assign the CEO role to the Admin, Manager role to stduser1 and Rep role to stduser2.
6. Enable Enterprise Territory Management , create a territory type, create a model and activate the model.
7. Create a territory called T1 and Assign stduser2 to T1.
8. Create a territory rule on T1 and add any criteria like “Account.Name EQUALS Test”. Activate the rule.
9. Create an Account Record. (Note it will get assigned to T1).
Note: Make sure the related list "Users in Assigned Territories" is assigned to the account page layout.
10. Organization Wide Default for User sharing is set to Public
Reproduction Steps as System Administrator:
1. Login as Admin in Lightning Experience
2. Navigate to Account record created above
3. Note that user record, stduser2 will be assigned in the "User in Assigned Territories" related list in both Lightning and Classic Experience
4. Navigate to Setup> Quick Find> Sharing Settings> Change User sharing to “Private”.
5. Navigate back to Account Record and notice that user record, stduser2, is assigned in Classic Experience but there are no assigned users in Lightning Experience.
There are no viable workarounds in Lightning Experience. However, correct assignments appear in Classic Experience.
Is it Fixed?
Any unreleased services, features, statuses, or dates referenced in this or other public statements are not currently available and may not be delivered on time or at all. Customers who purchase our services should make their purchase decisions based upon features that are currently available.