Translation Disappears After Save if an Unlocked (2GP) Package with No Namespace is Installed
Last updated 2019-09-07 ·Reference W-5752440 ·Reported By 6 users
Organizations that attempt to input translated values via Translation Workbench while an unlocked, Second- Generation Package (2GP) - without a Namespace - is installed, will find the field missing from the Master Field Label list column, along with the specified value.
1. Install a 2GP, unlocked package with no namespace.
2. Create Custom Object
3. Create a custom text field.
4. Go to Setup | Translation Workbench and navigate to that entity's field labels.
5. Input a value under the Field Label Translation column for the Newly created custom field.
6. Save and refresh the page.
Translation is saved successfully.
The custom field is missing from the Master Field Label list column, along with its translated value.
Until a fix is released, the only workaround is to Uninstall unlocked 2GP packages that do not have namespaces. Once this is done, translations should be saved.
Is it Fixed?
Any unreleased services, features, statuses, or dates referenced in this or other public statements are not currently available and may not be delivered on time or at all. Customers who purchase our services should make their purchase decisions based upon features that are currently available.