Tableau CRM - Global filter selections not reflected with a check mark in search when field contains blank values
Last updated 2021-04-29 ·Reference W-5971965 ·Reported By 3 users
In Tableau CRM dashboards, when a field with a blank value (not null) is added to a global filter panel and a user attempts to search the filter for values and makes a selection, no check mark appears next to the value. This is solely a user interface issue, as the selection will be made and will be reflected once search is cleared.
1. In Tableau CRM, digest a field with null values.
2. Define a "blank" default value ('"defaultValue": ""').
3. Finish creating the dataset.
4. Create a dashboard.
5. Add a global filter panel.
6. Add the field from step one.
7. Save and run the dashboard.
8. On the global filter panel, search for a value and make a selection. Note that no check mark appears next to it.
9. Clear the search and note that a check mark now appears next to the selected value.
Is it Fixed?
Any unreleased services, features, statuses, or dates referenced in this or other public statements are not currently available and may not be delivered on time or at all. Customers who purchase our services should make their purchase decisions based upon features that are currently available.