The preview panel for a lookup field value appears in the wrong part of the screen after inline edit
Last updated 2022-02-10 ·Reference W-5969871 ·Reported By 0 users
The preview panel for an output lookup field value appears in the wrong part of the screen after inline edit when the record detail is in the main region of a three region template of a Lightning page layout.
1. Use a Three Regions template in Lightning, in any object, for example Cases.
2. Move the detail to the middle region and the related lists to the right region if needs be. Save.
3. Go to Setup > Object Manager > Case Page Layouts > Edit the layout in use, then remove all lookup fields from the page layout except Account (this will simplify our test scenario). Save.
4. Open a Case record that uses this layout.
5. Double click on any field in the case detail to perform an inline edit.
6. This step needs to performed quickly and precisely. Click Save and *immediately* hover over the Account Name output lookup field value. At this point, the unwanted behaviour occurs: the preview panel is rendered in the top lefthand corner of your screen.
Hover over the value in the Account Name lookup. It will appear as expected just above the field.
Reported By (0)
Is it Fixed?
Any unreleased services, features, statuses, or dates referenced in this or other public statements are not currently available and may not be delivered on time or at all. Customers who purchase our services should make their purchase decisions based upon features that are currently available.