CannotPasswordResetMinimumLifeTime email is not delivered when triggered by an External User
Last updated 2019-09-07 ·Reference W-5896156 ·Reported By 3 users
When an external user triggers "Forgot password" during the minimum lifetime, such as 1-day minimum password requirement, the error email is not received to tell them they have to wait longer to reset their password again.
1. Create a community within your Org
2. Create a custom profile for the community and enable "Require a minimum 1 day password lifetime"
3. Create a community user with the created profile and add the user to the community members
4. Go to the community login page
5. Click on "Forgot Your Password?" link, enter the user created user's name, then click on "Continue" button. Repeat after resetting the first time.
6. You should see no email is delivered to warn about the minimum password lifetime.
- Internal Admin user can still force a password reset
Is it Fixed?
Any unreleased services, features, statuses, or dates referenced in this or other public statements are not currently available and may not be delivered on time or at all. Customers who purchase our services should make their purchase decisions based upon features that are currently available.