Attempting to modify the External Key of a data extension in Contact Builder does not save
Last updated 2021-02-25 ·Reference W-5876175 ·Reported By 7 users
Data Extensions are accessible in Contact Builder and Email Studio. If you attempt to modify the external key of an existing Data Extension in Contact Builder, any changes do not save. These may appear to have changed at first, but upon refreshing, it's still the original external key.
1) Navigate to Contact Builder
2) Click on the Data Extensions tab at the top
3) Find any data extension and click into it
4) Attempt to modify the external key
5) Click done
6) Refresh and review the external key and see it's still the old value
Access and modify the data extension under Email Studio > Data Extensions
Any unreleased services, features, statuses, or dates referenced in this or other public statements are not currently available and may not be delivered on time or at all. Customers who purchase our services should make their purchase decisions based upon features that are currently available.