Internal server error occurs when changing visibility of custom object to "Protected"
Last updated 2020-02-15 ·Reference W-5866767 ·Reported By 2 users
Unable to get EntityInfo of custom object after creating/updating an OutboundMessage when object visibility is set to Protected - Null Pointer Exception results.
1. Create Devorg(Developer Edition)
2. Create CustomObject(Setup-> Create-> Objects-> [New Custom Object])
Object Name: testObject1
3. Create Outbound Messages(Setup-> Create-> Workflow & Approvals-> Outbound Messages-> [New Outbound Message])
Unique Name: testOutboundMessage1
4. Create Namespace Prefix and Managed Package(Setup-> Create-> Packages-> [New])
Package Name: testpkg1
5. Add testObject1 and testOutboundMessage1 to testpkg1
6. Upload Package
7. Enable "Feature Management For Packages" feature ;
8. Open testObject1 and change from [All Apex code and APIs can use the type, and it is visible in Setup.] to [Only Apex code in the same managed package can see the type. The name of the type and record are visible if referenced in validation rules.]
> Visibility will be set from "Public" to "Protected"
9. Open testOutboundMessage1 and re-save testOutboundMessage1(Just [Edit] -> [Save])
10. ISE will result
- Refrain from setting custom object visibility to "Protected"
Is it Fixed?
Any unreleased services, features, statuses, or dates referenced in this or other public statements are not currently available and may not be delivered on time or at all. Customers who purchase our services should make their purchase decisions based upon features that are currently available.