The deleted managed custom button is displayed in the Edit Search layout
Last updated 2022-02-10 ·Reference W-5871203 ·Reported By 0 users
This issue periodically occurs when deleting a managed custom button in the package org and it still shows up in the Edit Search Layout. The button is not found to be hard deleted and still show up as an option to select in the associated object.
1. Login as the system administrator of an org to create a package with the managed deletion feature enabled.
2. Create a custom object (name it anything)
3. Create a "New Button/Link"
Display Type: List Button
Behavior: Display in an existing window the sidebar
Content Source: URL
4. Create a package:
Namespace: (name it anything)
Package Name: (name it anything)
5. Set up the custom tab for the created custom object
6. Add the custom object to the package
7. Upload the package
8. Go to "Search Layouts" of the custom object, Click "Edit" of "List View"
9. You can see btn1 in "Custom Buttons".
10. Click on the cancel button
11. Delete the custom button
12. Go to the "Search Layouts" of the custom object, Click "Edit" of "List View"
13. You can see btn1 in "Custom Buttons" even if the custom button is deleted.
There is no workaround at this time. R&D is currently working on a tentative fix.
Reported By (0)
Is it Fixed?
Any unreleased services, features, statuses, or dates referenced in this or other public statements are not currently available and may not be delivered on time or at all. Customers who purchase our services should make their purchase decisions based upon features that are currently available.