Activities and Emails displaying previous day when viewed through LEX Activity Timeline
Last updated 2018-08-31 ·Reference W-4223333 ·Reported By 25 users
When viewing Activities or Emails through the Activity Timeline using Lightning Experience (LEX), they will display as the previous day or Yesterday when the User Timezone is set in 'GMT+' (GMT being the cut-off time).
For example: If User Timezone = (GMT+08:00) Singapore Time (Asia/Singapore), then any email which you send or add via LFO/LFG/Inbox from 12:00 AM to 08:00 AM actual Singapore time, will show "Yesterday" (Previous day) in Salesforce Activity timeline.
Replication - 1:
1. Login to an Org with Lightning enabled.
2. Navigate to a parent record, such as Account.
3. From the Account page, create a new All-Day Event. Set the Event date today's date.
5. Review the Activity Timeline on the Account used in step 2.
Replication - 2:
1. Login to your Gmail/Outlook Account.
2. Select any Email and click to open LFG/LFO/Inbox extension (add-in).
3. Click 'Add Email' / 'Log to Salesforce' icon/button from Add-in to add this email to Salesforce.
4. Once Email is added, login to Salesforce browser (Full Site) in LEX view, and verify the same Email under Activity timeline which shows "Yesterday" (Previous Day).
None. However if you click on the event or email, it will display the correct date.
Reported By (25)
Is it Fixed?
Any unreleased services, features, statuses, or dates referenced in this or other public statements are not currently available and may not be delivered on time or at all. Customers who purchase our services should make their purchase decisions based upon features that are currently available.