Standard internal users receive "Insufficient Privileges" error when attempting to delete a document that they manually created when org has community
Last updated 2018-02-10 ·Reference W-4185115 ·Reported By 1 users
Standard internal users receive "Insufficient Privileges" error when attempting to delete a document that they manually created when org has community branding folders (Communities Shared Document Folder).
Reproducible in any org with communities enabled:
1. Login into an org as an admin with "Manage Communities" or "Create and Set Up Communities" user permissions.
2. Switch to the "Documents" tab and check if the "Communities Shared Document Folder" exists in the drop-down in the "Document Folders" section. If it does not exist:
a. Create a new template based community e.g. Customer Service.
b. Open Community Administration.
c. Select "Login & Registration".
d. For the "Header Logo", upload a suitable image for use as the logo.
e. Click on save. This should create the "Communities Shared Document Folder" that is accessible via the Documents tab.
3.Create a Folder under Documents and give Read/Write permissions to a standard user
4. Logout of the org and login as a standard user who has read/write permissions on the newly created folder in step 3 (a user without "Manage Communities" or "Create and Set Up Communities" user permissions).
5. Switch to the "Documents" tab, select the "New Folder" folder and click on "Go".
6. Click on 'New Document', fill in the required details and click on 'save'. Notice that the document will save without error.
7. Now click on 'Delete' for the newly created document, and you will receive the :
You do not have the level of access necessary to perform the operation you requested. Please contact the owner of the record or your administrator if access is necessary.
Click here to return to the previous page.
Give standard user profile "Create and Set Up Communities" permission.
Reported By (1)
Is it Fixed?
Any unreleased services, features, statuses, or dates referenced in this or other public statements are not currently available and may not be delivered on time or at all. Customers who purchase our services should make their purchase decisions based upon features that are currently available.