Knowledge Articles TotalView count not correct in Napili
Last updated 2017-10-31 ·Reference W-3867370 ·Reported By 6 users
Viewing an article in Napili (community), the article total count is not incremented by 1.
If you are running a SOQL count under "KnowledgeArticle" and "KnowledgeArticleViewStat" object via Workbench, increment can be 3 to 4.
The count work when viewing the article in the platform.
Note: if you are running a report on "KnowledgeArticle" and "KnowledgeArticleViewStat" object to get the article total count, you will not get the correct value.
1) Create an article that is accessible via Napili community.
2) Login to Workbench and setup your SOQL (example below)
SELECT Channel,ParentId,ViewCount FROM KnowledgeArticleViewStat WHERE ParentId = <Article ID - starts with KA>
SELECT ArticleNumber,TotalViewCount FROM KnowledgeArticle WHERE ArticleNumber = <Article Number"
3) Run the SOQL and capture the result.
4) Go to Napili community and open the article you are counting within your SOQL.
5) You may need to wait couple minute for the count to refresh.
6) Run the SOQL again and compare the new count.
Result: it can be 3 to 4.
R&D discovered another similar issue causing incorrect count. Please also follow the following KI: https://success.salesforce.com/issues_view?id=a1p3A0000018B8MQAU
Is it Fixed?
Any unreleased services, features, statuses, or dates referenced in this or other public statements are not currently available and may not be delivered on time or at all. Customers who purchase our services should make their purchase decisions based upon features that are currently available.