Custom Tab not visible in Lightning Experience
Last updated 2017-10-14 ·Reference W-4088099 ·Reported By 7 users
Customers may notice that, after creating a Custom Tab that points to a Custom Object, that Custom Tab does not appear in Lightning Experience.
1. Create a new Custom Object
2. Create a Custom Tab that points to the Custom Object.
3. From Lightning Experience, navigate to Setup | Apps | App Manager, and confirm that the Tab appears under the displayed Selected Items for the Lightning App.
4. Switch to the Lightning App in Lightning Experience
5. Notice that the Tab does not appear.
If the Tab is part of a Managed Package, this behavior will reflect in the Subscriber Orgs too.
Option 1: If the Tab is not part of a Managed Package, it may be possible to delete and recreate the Tab using a different API Name.
Option 2: If the Tab is part of a Managed Package, it may be possible to create a Lightning Page that points to the custom object and include that within the Lightning App, and add that Lightning Page to the Managed Package.
Is it Fixed?
Any unreleased services, features, statuses, or dates referenced in this or other public statements are not currently available and may not be delivered on time or at all. Customers who purchase our services should make their purchase decisions based upon features that are currently available.